Re[2]: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250

To: David Daney <>
Subject: Re[2]: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250
From: Jerry <>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:08:19 +0300
Cc: linux-mips <>
Hello David,

>>>I saw this with a 32 bit kernel (for a 32 bit target).  As far as I
>>>know, no 2.4.x kernels from will work with gcc
>>  That could actually be true -- I've been using GCC 4.0.0 for quite
>> some time now (that includes CVS snapshots from before the
>> release), so I have no slightest idea whether it's OK to use older
>> versions. ;-)
>>>I have previously posted patches to this list that fixed the
>>>problem for me. Specifically I think the messages in this thread
>>>are relevant:
>>  Hasn't one of the proposed fixes for the bug made its way to Linux
>> in the end?  That would be regrettable...
> WRT the 2.4 kernel the answer seems to be no.  And yes I think it is
> regrettable. If anybody thinks it would be useful, I could post my
> current patch again.

 Hmm right now I see the same result with oops caused
new_inode(pipe_mnt->mnt_sb) where pipe_mnt=0 witn 2.4 kernels and
gcc3.4.3 on dbau1200. If there was any changes in patch since Dec2004,
and if it hepls to solve this problem - can you please repost it

 -( ^,^ )- -[21398845]- -<The Bat!>- -<23/05/2005 18:03>-
  (") (")