Re: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250

To: David Daney <>
Subject: Re: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:24:04 +0100 (BST)
Cc: Michael Belamina <>,
On Wed, 18 May 2005, David Daney wrote:

> I saw this with a 32 bit kernel (for a 32 bit target).  As far as I know, no
> 2.4.x kernels from will work with gcc 3.4.x.

 That could actually be true -- I've been using GCC 4.0.0 for quite some
time now (that includes CVS snapshots from before the release), so I have
no slightest idea whether it's OK to use older versions. ;-)

> I have previously posted patches to this list that fixed the problem for me.
> Specifically I think the messages in this thread are relevant:

 Hasn't one of the proposed fixes for the bug made its way to Linux in the
end?  That would be regrettable...