Re: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250

To: Michael Belamina <belamina1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 64 bit kernel for BCM1250
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:49:52 +0100 (BST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 17 May 2005, Michael Belamina wrote:

>   I have built a 64 bit kernel for BCM1250.
>   When the kernel is loaded and control is passed to
> kernel_entry there is an exception:
>
> CFE> boot -elf LinuxServer:vmlinux.64
[...]

 I'm assuming vmlinux.64 is a 64-bit ELF file.  If so, then, well,
depending on the version of CFE you have, this may or may not work.  The
workaround is to always use 32-bit ELF files.  You should get one after
your Linux build -- if not (which may depend on how you do builds), then
try `make vmlinux.32' and use the result.

  Maciej