Re: crosscompiler

Subject: Re: crosscompiler
From: Ulrich Eckhardt <>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:14:48 +0200
> using debian woody ) in order to cross-compile a
> self-written kernel ( no Linux/Mips ) for a MIPS 4kc (
> little endian ) CPU.

I'm using Debian/testing here and roughly followed in order to get a working system.
Almost no problems encountered.

> Can I alternatively use
> the mipsel-linux-gcc for the kernel ( I'm not quite
> sure what sort of compiler that is... )

mips= for MIPS
el= endianess little

IOW, this is precisely what I got from installing the crosscompiler and
probably what you want. In order to compile non-Linux programs (i.e. programs
launched directly from YAMON) I used these
  CFLAGS += -Wall -mips32 -fno-builtin -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -GO -O2
though some of them might be redundant/unnecessary - I just tried combinations
until it worked.