Re: CVS linux

Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:51:25 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 6 May 2005 wrote:

> CVSROOT:      /home/cvs
> Module name:  linux
> Changes by: 05/05/06 15:31:13
> Modified files:
>       arch/mips/kernel: cpu-probe.c
> Log message:
>       No point in checking cpu_has_tlb before we've computed the CPU options.

 ???  decode_config0() sets up the CPU option in question, so doing a
check after decode_configs() is fine.

>       So for now we just unconditionally set the option - Linux wouldn't
>       work without a TLB anyway.

 I don't like the idea -- bits shouldn't be scattered all over the place,
so that all the places need to be chased and fixed once conditions change.

 Instead of polluting all the cpu_probe_*() functions, it should actually
be moved to decode_config0().  I can apply a suitable fix.