CF custom implementation

To: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: CF custom implementation
From: Kiran Thota <Kiran_Thota@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 15:37:56 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hello!,
  I am working on a MIPS-based processor SoC which has a custom CF
implementation over Local Bus.
The CF doesnt support IO mode, interrupts,  32-bit support.
It has limited register support [no interface registers to reset the CF]. I am
using 2.6.10 from linux-mips.
I have already written a PCMCIA/CF socket socket for the same.
The goal is to use the CF cards as memoy devices. Advise me on the path to take:

PCMCIA/CF ->CS/DS -> IDE [I found a patch to make IDE work in polled mode]
PCMCIA/CF -> CS/DS -> MTD [drivers/mtc/maps/pcmciamtd.c]

I am currently using Lexar and Hitachi Compact Flash cards.
The CIS can be read and when the Linux boots up and I invoke cardmgr [v3.2.8],
it sees the device as
ATA/IDE Fixed Disk [Func = 4 (Fixed Disk) ]
Is there a way to force it to come up in memory only mode? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Kiran