Re: your mail

To: Bryan Althouse <bryan.althouse@3phoenix.com>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:02:58 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, TheNop@gmx.net
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 03:15:49PM -0400, Bryan Althouse wrote:

> I would like to use a 2.6.x kernel with my Yosemite/HalfDome board.
> Somehow, I am unable to compile the kernel.  I have tried the 2.6.10 kernel
> trees from ftp.pmc-sierra.com and also the latest 2.6.12 snapshot from
> linux-mips.  I am using the 3.3.x cross compile tools from
> ftp.pmc-sierra.com .  The 2.4.x kernels from PMC compile fine.
>
> In the case of 2.6.10 from ftp.pmc-sierra.com, my error looks like:
>        Make[3]: *** [drivers/char/agp/backend.o] Error 1

Configuring AGP support for a MIPS kernel is obviously nonsense.  Disable
CONFIG_AGP.

> In the case of 2.6.12 from linux-mips, my error looks like:
>       drivers/net/titan_ge.c1950: error: 'titan_device_remove"  undeclared
> here (not in a function)

Whoops, a bug.  The function indeed doesn't exist even though it should,
will fix that.  You will hit this bug only if compiling the titan driver
as a module, so workaround set CONFIG_TITAN_GE=y.  Which for the typical
titan-based device seems to be the preferable choice anyway.