Re: sysv ipc msg functions

To: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Subject: Re: sysv ipc msg functions
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:05:49 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 10:42:24AM -0400, Greg Weeks wrote:
> I needed this glibc patch to get the sysv ipc msgctl functions to work
> correctly. This looks a bit hackish to me, so I wanted to run it past
> everybody here before filing it with glibc.

What's your configuration?  Big or little endian, userland ABI, kernel
ABI.  Glibc version.  Kernel version.  What specific things don't work.
Not even enough information here to make a guess.

You're updating the userspace msqid_ds to match the kernel's
msqid64_ds.  They're not normally the same type.  Rather, see
<linux/msg.h> for the type o32 generally uses.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC