Re: sysv ipc msg functions

To: sjhill@realitydiluted.com
Subject: Re: sysv ipc msg functions
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:54:49 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
sjhill@realitydiluted.com wrote:

I needed this glibc patch to get the sysv ipc msgctl functions to work correctly. This looks a bit hackish to me, so I wanted to run it past everybody here before filing it with glibc.

Perhaps is ignorance on my part, but I thought the compiler would
handle the endianness with regards to the structure members. Did
you have problems with big and little endian such that you had to
do all of the ugly #ifdef'ing?
yes. Take a look at the kernel structure it is mapping to.

in
asm-mips/msgbuf.h

struct msqid64_ds

Greg Weeks