Re: Porting mips based routers

To: Waldemar Brodkorb <>
Subject: Re: Porting mips based routers
From: Henk <>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:48:09 +0200
On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:55:58AM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> > I will try to see if I can get a list of 2.4 source files that need to
> > be contributed back to, with a quick initial proposal on
> > how to migrate this to the 2.6 kernel tree.

See section 1.3 on the wiki page:
Feel free to comment here on the list.

General comments on the WRT code:
 - There's some code bloat that enables the inclusion of code in other OS's
  this should probably be removed.
 - We should probably make some abstraction/API of the so called Silicon
  Backplane bus that broadcom defined. I see allot of drivers, even in
  the mainline kernel (b44 ethernet driver) that use this.

> If you like to help, I would be giving you detailed information
> about the needed source code changes/addons.

Yes! Do you have any objection to make these publicly available?

> But may be it is time to send some patches...

Again yes, it should be possible to get this train rolling with some
colaborative effort.