Re: Linux for RouterBoard532 - CPU MIPS32 4Kc - IDT 79RC32434.

To: cordova@uninet.com.br
Subject: Re: Linux for RouterBoard532 - CPU MIPS32 4Kc - IDT 79RC32434.
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:59:26 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <42612249.1fb.7a40.2093672349@uninet.com.br> you wrote:

> I´d just bought Routerboard532 (
> http://www.routerboard.com/rb500.html ) and I want to port
> linux to this board. The vendor has just an linux image on
> the web site.

This is not correct. If you just scroll  down  the  page  you  listed
yoursself,   then   you   should   easily  find  the  section  titled
"RouterBOARD 500 GNU/Linux support files" which includes  a  link  to
"Patch for Linux 2.4.29 kernel".

> Anyone could help me we some info or "HOWTO" ?

Download the patch, download the corresponding  kernel  source  tree,
apply  patch,  copy  "config.mipsel"  to  ".config"  to get a default
configuration, build the kernel, download it, run it.

So far I haven't been able to find out how to pass  kernel  arguments
with their boot loader, so you may have to hack rc32434/rb500/prom.c

I used the mips_4KCle packages of the ELDK to build the kernel and to
provide a root filesystem over NFS - this worked fine. There are some
problems (like not being able to switch the CPU clock and NAND  flash
support not working at all), but it boots and runs.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.