Re: Porting mips based routers

To: Henk <>
Subject: Re: Porting mips based routers
From: Waldemar Brodkorb <>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:55:58 +0200
Henk wrote,

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:05:27PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:26:34PM +0200, Henk wrote:
> > > There's an initial wiki page on the openWRT site.
> > >

> > > If so I would like to see if we can set up some colaborative effort...
> >
> > None of the code for the routers or ASICs has been contributed back to
> > so far so all you'll find there is a little blurb in the
> > wiki and a bunch of pointers.
> That little blurb in the wiki I contributed yesterday, in the hope of
> raising some interest in the openwrt community ;)
> I will try to see if I can get a list of 2.4 source files that need to
> be contributed back to, with a quick initial proposal on
> how to migrate this to the 2.6 kernel tree.

If you like to help, I would be giving you detailed information
about the needed source code changes/addons.

I ported Linksys 2.4.20 patches to linux-mips 2.4.29 and added some
quirks to get the wlan binary kernel modul working.

All the stuff is really new for me, that is the reason I wait before
I contribute it back, because I like to see how stable this stuff
is in reality.

But may be it is time to send some patches...

Waldemar Brodkorb
dass IT GmbH                               Phone: +49.221.3565666-0                        Fax: +49.221.3565666-10