Re: BogoMIPS

To: Stuart Longland <>
Subject: Re: BogoMIPS
From: Greg Weeks <>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:36:40 -0400
Stuart Longland wrote:

So honestly, I don't know what's happening with BogoMIPS. :-)  What I do
know however, it isn't worth a cracker in terms of benchmarking value. ;-)

I could care less about it as a benchmarking value, but it's used to do calibrated udelays. If mips doesn't need it because it calibrates some other way then fine. I suspect not though and we're probably using an initial works everywhere value. I don't know though.

Greg Weeks