Re: Building GLIBC 2.3.4 on MIPS

To: Daniel Laird <danieljlaird@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building GLIBC 2.3.4 on MIPS
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:08:04 +0100 (BST)
Cc: libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Daniel Laird wrote:

> I am trying to build glibc-2.3.4 (gcc-3.4.3, binutils-2.15.96) with
> linux-2.6.11.6 on mips.

 You may consider glibc 2.3.5.

> I am having problems with bits/syscalls.h whereas yours seem to be empty mine
> just does not exist???

 Can I ask you which package are you specifically referring to?  Perhaps
you've picked an outdated one.

> Any reason for this?
> I have applied your patches but they do not seem to correct this error have
> you seen this.

 There used to be problems with <bits/syscalls.h> generation, which,
depending on the exact version of Linux headers supplied, could be
triggered or not.  They are supposed to be fixed in 2.3.5 (credit goes
to Richard Sandiford).

  Maciej