Toolchain question

To: "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Toolchain question
From: "Mile Davidovic" <mile.davidovic@micronasnit.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:13:50 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello all
I would like to port board (with MIPS 4kec) to latest linux 2.6 kernel.
Using porting guide
from (http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/Porting) I successfully made
console and
serial driver. But problem appears with first printk (in start_kernel) I got
exception.

I used toolchain which uclibc buildroot script produced (gcc-3.4.2,
binutils-2.15.91.0.2),
and I am not sure is this correct combination.

From
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/Toolchains I saw that next
recommendations:
1. SDE MIPS - unfortunately this is 2.9x compiler.
2. Mr. Rozycki offer only mipsel toolchain
3. Mr. Kegel's crosstool but from
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.31/buildlogs/ it seems that
this toolchain is not good for MIPS.
4. Toolchain from ucLibc, I tried but I have trouble with.

So my question: which toolchains I have to use?

Best regards Mile