Re: 4kc machine check

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: 4kc machine check
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:37:29 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:10:50PM -0400, Greg Weeks wrote:

I noticed there was a recent checkin for 4000 series tlb code. It still seems to be a problem on the 4kc malta.

4K is not R4000 series ...   Anyway, the 4K code you were sent aren't yet
in because they've only empirically proven to be correct; we'd like to
look into the case a little further before comitting the patches into CVS.
Touched code got built so I figured it was worth a build and run. I still see occasional machine checks with the patch you gave me that moves the tlb_probe around.

Greg Weeks