Re:cross compiling

To: "b\.srinivas" <b.srinivas@conexant.com>
Subject: Re:cross compiling
From: "Philippe De Swert" <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:26:19 +0100
Cc: "linux-mips" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Envelope-id: <IEJ43V$0C5BA57403CC7EFC09D35453D3E9129E
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

>      Iam trying to set up a cross compiler tool chain for mips 64 bit
> big endian.
>
> Iam fixed in a chicken-egg kind of situation ......  during the
> compilation the linker doesn't find the crti.o which is built using the
> glibc but I still don't have glibc which need the compiler !!!. can
> anybody point me to a solution.

As you seem quite unexperienced I would recommend using Dan Kegel's crosstool
at www.kegel.com/crosstool. And if you really need help after trying that or
reading up on resources, we will need a more detailed description of your
problem. Error output, versions, procedure you are using, etc....

You do realize that the --without-headers option is broken from gcc-3.2.x
onwards....?

regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.