Au1100 FB driver uplift for 2.6

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Au1100 FB driver uplift for 2.6
From: Ulrich Eckhardt <eckhardt@satorlaser.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:17:28 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Greetings!

I'm just looking at these changes and I'm delighted to finally see them in.
However, I have one small problem: the old version allowed to program EXTCLK1
and the LCD controller clock via 'mode_toyclksrc' in the panel configuration
database[1], but this has been removed (also the 'mode_backlight' member,
btw).
FYI, on the TTP1100[2], the pixelclock for some displays types is created via
EXTCLK1 which doesn't work anymore, which is why I'm asking.

Am I on the wrong way or should I just reimplement it and send a patch?

Uli

[1] I have a few nits on that, too: IMHO it could be made constant and marked
as '__initdata' so it is discarded after initialization.
[2] Based on DB1100. Are there any pointers on how to port to a new board,
btw?