Re: Compressed Kernels

To: ppopov@embeddedalley.com
Subject: Re: Compressed Kernels
From: JP <jaypee@hotpop.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:05:55 +0100
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@orbis-terrarum.net>, linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> Should be easy to update if if doesn't apply cleanly anymore. I think the
> complaint about that patch is that it duplicates some code from other
> architectures and a more common solution is needed. Since I don't have time
> work on something more common, the patch remains stand alone.

Fair enough I'd agree with that as the code I used was straight outta
i386. Other archs use the same arm sh etc. I'll apply your patch for our
boards rather than duplicate the effort. This I guess is a problem for
all arches and really should be addressed at the kernel.org level.

--
mailto:jaypee@hotpop.com
http://jaypee.org.uk