conflicting declaration of prom_getcmdline()

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: conflicting declaration of prom_getcmdline()
From: Ulrich Eckhardt <eckhardt@satorlaser.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:28:04 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Greetings!

I just stumbled over arch/mips/au1000/common/prom.c, which contains a function
defined like this:
  char* prom_getcmdline(void);
  EXPORT_SYMBOL(prom_getcmdline);
while there are implementations that define the function as
  char* __init prom_getcmdline();
Further, there are several declarations throughout sourcefiles and in
include/asm-mips/mips-boards/prom.h and include/asm-mips/sgialib.h. Just grep
for it and you'll see the mess.

If anyone tells me which one is right and cares to explain why I hereby
volunteer to create a patch. ;)

Apart from that, some code in arch/mips/au1000/common/prom.c is unnecessarily
complicated.

cheers

Uli