Re: Build 64bit on RaQ2

To: Peter Horton <pdh@colonel-panic.org>
Subject: Re: Build 64bit on RaQ2
From: Jim Gifford <maillist@jg555.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:11:09 -0800
Cc: Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Peter Horton wrote:

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:06:36PM -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:
Got it to compile, but the tulip driver is giving me fits. I built it as a module and into the kernel

0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed
0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed
0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed
0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed
0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed
0000:00:07.0: tulip_stop_rxtx() failed

Tulip driver gave me problems also. I landed up inserting a printk()
which made it work, see the patch. I didn't get round to debugging it
any further, sorry.

P.

I posted a simliar question to the linux-net list, a lot of people don't understand why the driver doesn't work in 64 bit, but works perfectly in 32 bit.

--
----
Jim Gifford