Re: defkeymap.c Compile Warnings . . .

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: defkeymap.c Compile Warnings . . .
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:14:01 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:56:50PM -0500, Dennis Daniels wrote:

> I'm having a compile problem with the generated file defkeymap.c for Linux
> 64-bit MIPS on the BCM1250, and was wondering if anyone has seen or heard
> of it. The structures in defkeymap.c are all coming out 2x what they
> should be . . .

AFAICS the reason is a change in the kernel headers between 2.4 and 2.6.

In 2.4, the file linux/keyboard.h has

#define NR_KEYS         128

while in 2.6 it has

#define NR_KEYS         256

The loadkeys command that is used to generate the defkeymap.c
file has probably been built against 2.6 headers -> it generates
arrays with 256 instead of 128 entries, which would lead to the
"excess elements in array initializer" error you are
experiencing.

Regards,
Karsten
--