Au1500 and 1Gbps

To: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Au1500 and 1Gbps
From: Gilad Rom <gilad@romat.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:42:14 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

As a follow up to my last posting, I was wondering if anyone
ever actually benchmarked the Au1500 in terms of networking
throughput.

We make a custom board, based on the Au1500. 100Mbps
performance is 100% (100Mbps FTP transfers when using brctl to bridge
both ethernet MAC's), but What we would like to do, ultimately,
is build a board with two Gigabit MAC/PHY's and use our board
to construct a much more powerful gateway.

Any insight? can the Au1500 even try to handle 1000Mbps?

Thanks,
Gilad.