Re: Bitrotting serial drivers

To: Ulrich Eckhardt <>
Subject: Re: Bitrotting serial drivers
From: Pete Popov <>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:57:12 -0800
Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
On Sunday 20 March 2005 23:51, Pete Popov wrote:

It works and no one has complained about any bugs.

I hereby do complain that it doesn't work. ;)

I'd give more details, but I'm neither at work nor did I investigate the situation properly. What I remember trying is to add 'console=/dev/ttyS0' or somesuch to the commandline, but couldn't get it to work there.

Well, come on, I know that much works :) Which board and kernel rev?

The funny thing is that when I use the GDB support over serial line (which seems to use a primitive, stripped-down version of a serial driver) it works, I can then redirect boot messages via 'console=gdb'.