Re: Bitrotting serial drivers

Subject: Re: Bitrotting serial drivers
From: Ulrich Eckhardt <>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:51:21 +0100
On Sunday 20 March 2005 23:51, Pete Popov wrote:
> It works and no one has complained about any bugs.

I hereby do complain that it doesn't work. ;)

I'd give more details, but I'm neither at work nor did I investigate the
situation properly. What I remember trying is to add 'console=/dev/ttyS0' or
somesuch to the commandline, but couldn't get it to work there. The funny
thing is that when I use the GDB support over serial line (which seems to use
a primitive, stripped-down version of a serial driver) it works, I can then
redirect boot messages via 'console=gdb'.