Re: How do I compile GCC to generate MIPS code ?

To: Leonel Gayard <leonel.gayard@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How do I compile GCC to generate MIPS code ?
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:28:59 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Leonel Gayard wrote:

I have recently started to study the MIPS architecture. For instance,
I wanted to have GCC compile C code into MIPS assembly and run it in
SPIM. (I have an Intel machine running Linux).

There are these brand new services just out called Google and Wiki!!!
You should try them out. They're revolutionary!! All kidding aside,
go to:

   http://www.linux-mips.org/

which is the main site. The link directly to the toolchains is:

   http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/Toolchains

more information about emulators/simulators is:

   http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/Emulators

All of the information that you are looking for will be there. Have
lots of fun. Please feel free to ask questions after you have exhausted
those resources.

-Steve