Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2

To: Linux MIPS List <>
Subject: Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2
From: Kumba <>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:46:39 -0500
Jim Gifford wrote:
I found the culprit, but don't know what the proper fix is.

File - What to remove or comment out
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/cpu-features.h - #include <cpu-feature-overrides.h>
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/addrspace.h -  #include <spaces.h>

But it still fails, because it looks at the headers in /usr/include and the ones is /usr/src/linux/include, which is what the problem is. Namely socket.h

What I noticed is some of the mips architectures includes have these files and some do not.

A workaround for those who use the linux-libc-headers to build iptables with the following commands, but I would still comment out those files to prevent other build issues later

make KERNEL_DIR=/usr

But I'm not sure of the stability and the functionality.

You need to patch the headers for these things -- i.e.:

#include <cpu-feature-overrides.h>

#include <asm/mach-generic/cpu-feature-overrides.h>

Same goes for references to spaces.h, and most other files directly referenced as '#include <file.h>' in 'include/asm-mips/*'. mach-generic is best suited for this despite the actual machine because these are geared for userland, and userland shouldn't really care about what particular mips machine it's running on.

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond