Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2

To: Jim Gifford <>
Subject: Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:24:08 +0000
Cc: freshy98 <>, Kumba <>, Linux MIPS List <>
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:35:18PM -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:

> File - What to remove or comment out
> /usr/src/linux/include/asm/cpu-features.h - #include
> <cpu-feature-overrides.h>
> /usr/src/linux/include/asm/addrspace.h -  #include <spaces.h>
> But it still fails, because it looks at the headers in /usr/include and
> the ones is /usr/src/linux/include, which is what the problem is. Namely
> socket.h
> What I noticed is some of the mips architectures includes have these
> files and some do not.

These headers are search along a search path until found.  Typically that
path consists of two directories such as mach-ip22 followed by mach-generic
as last.  This allows eleminating duplicated header files.

A bad side effect - users frequently forget adding files such as
cpu-features-override.h which contain a detailed description of the CPU
properties on a particular platform.  Without a platform specific file
the kernel will basically fallback to generic code that is slow but
supports almost every CPU in the universe.