Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2

To: freshy98 <>
Subject: Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2
From: Jim Gifford <>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:35:18 -0800
Cc: Kumba <>, Linux MIPS List <>
I found the culprit, but don't know what the proper fix is.

File - What to remove or comment out
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/cpu-features.h - #include <cpu-feature-overrides.h>
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/addrspace.h -  #include <spaces.h>

But it still fails, because it looks at the headers in /usr/include and the ones is /usr/src/linux/include, which is what the problem is. Namely socket.h

What I noticed is some of the mips architectures includes have these files and some do not.

A workaround for those who use the linux-libc-headers to build iptables with the following commands, but I would still comment out those files to prevent other build issues later

make KERNEL_DIR=/usr

But I'm not sure of the stability and the functionality.

Jim Gifford