Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2

To: freshy98 <freshy98@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: IPTables 1.3.x fails on RaQ2
From: Jim Gifford <maillist@jg555.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:35:18 -0800
Cc: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>, Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I found the culprit, but don't know what the proper fix is.

File - What to remove or comment out
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/cpu-features.h - #include <cpu-feature-overrides.h>
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/addrspace.h -  #include <spaces.h>

But it still fails, because it looks at the headers in /usr/include and the ones is /usr/src/linux/include, which is what the problem is. Namely socket.h

What I noticed is some of the mips architectures includes have these files and some do not.

A workaround for those who use the linux-libc-headers to build iptables with the following commands, but I would still comment out those files to prevent other build issues later

make KERNEL_DIR=/usr

But I'm not sure of the stability and the functionality.

--
----
Jim Gifford