Re: Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g
From: Christophe Jelger <Christophe.Jelger@unibas.ch>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:48:47 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thanks to people who replied ... I will spend some time trying to build the module and see what happens !

JP, I don't know if you meant compiling a standard (or a mips ?) 2.4 kernel with gcc 3.4.1, but I know it works with gcc 3.3.5 for the standard kernel.

Regards
Christophe

JP wrote:
(...)

You might need an older toolchain to build 2.4 kernels.
Anyone have any success on build 2.4.x with gcc 3.x?

Don't take my word for it though I've been using a recentish gcc-3.4.1
built using uclibc's buildroot to build It was pretty easy to get working and install.

For our 2.4 kernels I used a montavista toolchain for the last few
years. mvista.com requires you register.

Happy hacking