Re: Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g

To: Christophe Jelger <>
Subject: Re: Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g
From: JP <>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:29:04 +0000

> The issues I have are : tools to use, kernel-header files versions
> (wrt54g uses 2.4.20, means do I have to compile on a 2.4.20 machine ?),
> debugging on wrt54g (can I use standard log-file ?).

You'll need the header files that linksys used which may or may not be
different to the 2.4.10 vanilla kernel headers

for the wrt54g you can get the right code for your FW rev here.

Here's a page about tools

You might need an older toolchain to build 2.4 kernels.
Anyone have any success on build 2.4.x with gcc 3.x?

Don't take my word for it though I've been using a recentish gcc-3.4.1
built using uclibc's buildroot to build
It was pretty easy to get working and install.

For our 2.4 kernels I used a montavista toolchain for the last few
years. requires you register.

Happy hacking

JP <>