Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Newbie : Cross-compiling module for wrt54g
From: Christophe Jelger <Christophe.Jelger@unibas.ch>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:56:09 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi everybody,

Well I am a complete newbie to using MIPS devices and I would like to cross-compile an extra linux module for the Linksys wrt54g wireless router. The module is not a standard linux module, it is an underlay routing protocol (LUNAR) for wireless ad hoc networks.

I checked on the web, but I'm not sure on how I should proceed as many information I found seem outdated.

If somebody could help me to get on tracks, I'd of course appreciate. The issues I have are : tools to use, kernel-header files versions (wrt54g uses 2.4.20, means do I have to compile on a 2.4.20 machine ?), debugging on wrt54g (can I use standard log-file ?).

Looking forward to some help.

regards
Christophe