HOWTO load and run the kernel image using redboot?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: HOWTO load and run the kernel image using redboot?
From: srinivas naga vutukuri <srinivas.vutukuri@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:07:22 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,
          I have compiled the mips kernel image, and got vmlinux. And
how can load image into the ram run using redboot, my board is running
with the redboot.
I followed the steps, after i got the vmlinux

1. mips-linux-objcopy -O binary -g vmlinux vmlinux.bin
2. gzip vmlinux.bin
3. mips-linux-objdump -f vmlinux | grep start
    shows the entry point, which is say ENTRY
4. mips-linux-nm vmlinux | grep _ftext
    which is say MEMADDR.
5. Load the image into memory
    At a RedBoot prompt, type:
    load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} vmlinux.bin.gz
6. Copy the compressed image from memory to flash
    fis create -e ENTRY -r MEMADDR vmlinux.bin.gz
and  once i do  go/exec, garbage is showing at the Redboot> prompt...

Can help the way of loading the kernel image using redboot and boot it.

Best Regards,
srinivas.