Re: Building GLIBC 2.3.4 on MIPS

To: Jim Gifford <>
Subject: Re: Building GLIBC 2.3.4 on MIPS
From: David Daney <>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:02:14 -0800
Jim Gifford wrote:
I'm trying to build the current glibc with my RaQ2, everything builds ok, until I start compiling strace.

syscall.c: In function `dumpio':
syscall.c:449: error: `SYS_read' undeclared (first use in this function)
syscall.c:449: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
syscall.c:449: error: for each function it appears in.)
syscall.c:465: error: `SYS_write' undeclared (first use in this function)
syscall.c: In function `syscall_fixup':
syscall.c:1265: warning: unused variable `pid'
syscall.c: In function `trace_syscall':
syscall.c:2481: error: `SYS_exit' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [syscall.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/strace-4.5.9'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Which leads me to check syscall.h, then I noticed a big difference from my x86 version to this version, all the SYS_ entries are missing. Did I build it wrong or is this a glibc issue, due to the addition of the mips32 and mips64 directories.

Here is my bug report with the glibc folks for everyone's reference.

It seems that you might need some (but not all) of the patch I posted here:

Specifically I think you will need at least the parts that add

#include <sgidefs.h>

To many of the .h files. Basically any file that uses the symbol _MIPS_SIM and friends needs to either directly or indirectly include sgidefs.h

You may also need:

And something like this:

David Daney.