Re: configuration of yosemite board with titan 1.2

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: configuration of yosemite board with titan 1.2
From: TheNop <TheNop@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:42:34 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

on the ftp site of PMC I only found kernel 2.4.26 sources supporting
internal UART.
I need kernel 2.6.
Is it planed to integrate internal UART support to linux-mips.org 2.6
sources?

Why PMC-Sierra removed the external UART chip?
So it is not possible to use current yosemite boards with linux-mips.org :-(

Beste regards
TheNop

Rojhalat Ibrahim wrote:

Hi,

if you want to use the internal UART, you need an adapted
kernel from PMC. The kernel from linux-mips.org only supports
the external UART chip. You can download an adapted source
archive from the PMC-Sierra ftp site.

Rojhalat Ibrahim

TheNop wrote:

Hello,

today i got the yosemite board with titan 1.2.
Currently I have problems to get the kernel 2.6.10.rc1 running (it runs on the old yosemite quite well). The first thing I noticed is that after starting the kernel no output on the console is printed. On the new yosemite board I got, the external UART chip (U36) is not mounted anymore. Could that cause my problems?

Is there anybody how can send my a .config file to get the yosemite working?

Best regards
TheNop