Re: module segfault problem ADM5120

To: Tom Vrána <>
Subject: Re: module segfault problem ADM5120
From: Jeroen Vreeken <>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:20:50 +0100
Tom Vrána wrote:

I am currently experiencing trouble trying to load the madwifi drivers on my MIPS (ADM5120), everytime I end up with the Oops pasted below. Does that provide anyone a clue what may be wrong ? I've tried changing the modules around, but this is what I get...

      Thanks, Tom

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == 800fb6fc, ra ==

Something seems to be trying to access memory location 00000000.
Maybe there is some NULL check missing in the driver init code?