Linux from Scratch

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Linux from Scratch
From: Jim Gifford <maillist@jg555.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:48:57 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I have updated my RaQ2 build for Linux from Scratch to most of the latest packages for the RaQ2. A question was raised by some other memebers of the Linux from Scratch group, that frankly I didn't have the answers for. I appreciate your feedback on these questions.

1 - Will the build method I have currently work with any MIPS processor based machine, with the exception of the bootloader?

2 - Is there a bootloader for MIPS that will work on every machine, or is different for every MIPS based machine's firmware? If so any examples out there how to implement?

Thank you for your time and assistance

--
----
Jim Gifford