Re: ADM5120: time.c issues ?

To: Tom Vrána <tom@voda.cz>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: ADM5120: time.c issues ?
From: Jeroen Vreeken <pe1rxq@amsat.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:13:43 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Tom Vrána wrote:

Using jeroens time.c the system boots painfully slow, sort of loops int the beginning and the finally freezes on the FPU emulator... any suggestions ?

The 2.6.10 kernels I compiled don't seem slow to me.. So there is some difference between those two... (Is there a reason you need a 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6?)

ttyS28 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
ttyS29 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16450
ttyS30 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16450

This might have something to do with it... I don't think this serial driver should be used. There might be more unneeded stuff in your kernel that might do funny things.

Jeroen