Re: Kernel crash on yosemite

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash on yosemite
From: Manish Lachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:47:24 -0800
Cc: TheNop <TheNop@gmx.net>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:53:23PM +0100, TheNop wrote:

This is my configuration:
~ yosemite board with RM9000 chip revision 1.1
~ BusyBox 1.0
~ Kernel 2.6.8.1

When I try to copy a large file (~ 3,5 Mb) within the NFS file system the kernel crashs without any output on the console. It could be a problem with the titan_ge driver, but I have no idee how to solve the problem.

What can I do?

There have been various fixes to the network driver since then so I
recommend you upgrade your kernel.  One problem you're going to encounter
with recent kernels is that they only support the Titan 1.2 part which I
think are the ones in volume production.

 Ralf

However, adding support for Titan 1.0 and 1.1 in the GE driver should be fairly straight forward.

Thanks
Manish Lachwani