Re: c-r4k.c cleanup

To: Dominic Sweetman <>
Subject: Re: c-r4k.c cleanup
From: Dominic Sweetman <>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:52:57 +0000
Cc: Atsushi Nemoto <>,,,

> Atsushi Nemoto ( writes:
> > 20KC Users Manual says it has physically indexed data cache.
> That's correct.
> > For other MIPS64 core, 5Kc has virtually indexed cache.
> Yes.
> > How about 25KF?
> Physically indexed, it's a descendent of the 20Kc core.

When Yoichi said

> 25Kf also has virtually indexed cache

I assume s/he meant the I-cache.

Here is the official MIPS Technologies line (and we kind of ought to know):

o The 25KF D-cache is physically indexed (and of course
  physically tagged).

o The 25KF I-cache is virtually indexed and virtually tagged - the tag
  includes the ASID to reduce the number of occasions on which you
  have to invalidate all the lines from a particular process.

o A 25KF secondary cache, if provided, is physically indexed and

Dominic Sweetman,
MIPS Technologies (UK)
The Fruit Farm, Ely Road, Chittering, CAMBS CB5 9PH, ENGLAND
phone: +44 1223 706205 / fax: +44 1223 706250 / swbrd: +44 1223 706200