patch like kexec for MIPS possible?

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: patch like kexec for MIPS possible?
From: Robert Michel <news@robertmichel.de>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:50:19 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Salve!

Does the MIPS CPUs makes a patch like kexec possible?

Kexec is a kernel patch which allows you to start another kernel.

IMHO would such a kernel patch would be handy, especialy for
small MIPS Linux boxes. For more info about kexec read e.g.
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-kexec.html

And please don't get me wrong - as a non-kernel-developer I'm
very happy with your work - my question is not a request,
I'm just interested if there is a limitation of the MIPS
platform to do something like this or not.

Greetings,
rob

PS: And _if_ it would be possible, maybe sombody read this
and join thinking that this feature would be realy cool ;)