Re: Problems with PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy DB1100

To: ppopov@embeddedalley.com
Subject: Re: Problems with PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy DB1100
From: Josh Green <jgreen@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:33:17 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Seems the "Badness in local_bh_enable at kernel/softirq.c:140" error I
reported has been fixed (patch that caused the problem was reverted in
bk), here is a reference to this and a patch (had to replace " <at> "
with @ since they got munged by GMANE):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/273477

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 16:47 -0800, Pete Popov wrote:
> > The other problem I've experienced is a kernel oops when ejecting a
> > card.  While it isn't a problem for my project (should never be
> > inserting/ejecting cards) I thought I'd mention it.  Here is the oops
> > output, I wasn't able to use ksymoops since I'm having trouble building
> > a cross compiled version (buildroot didn't install libbfd, etc from
> > binutils), so this may or may not be useful:
>
> I'll take a look at this.
>
> Pete

I tried ejecting a card and it seemed to work fine.  The oops could have
been related to the ds.c bug.  At any rate, everything seems to be
running great at this point and I have yet to see any other problems.
        Best regards,
        Josh Green