RE: initial bootstrap and jtag

To: "Joseph Chiu" <joseph@omnilux.net>
Subject: RE: initial bootstrap and jtag
From: "Ed Okerson" <ed@okerson.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:23:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "Ed Okerson" <ed@okerson.com>, "Clem Taylor" <clem.taylor@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Joseph,

The AU series processors had some strange behavior relating to the
IDE/PCMCIA/CF interfaces.  Even though the processor was operating in LE
mode, those interfaces remained in BE mode, or something like that.  The
net result was that a CF card written in one mode could not be read in the
other.  The patches were to make the interfaces consistent with the
specifications.  The patches were submitted about a year ago, and as far
as I know were accepted.  I also submitted patches to support CFI flash
detection in LE mode around the same time.

Ed Okerson