RE: initial bootstrap and jtag

To: "'Ralf Baechle'" <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Joseph Chiu <joseph@omnilux.net>
Subject: RE: initial bootstrap and jtag
From: Brad Larson <Brad_Larson@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:24:42 -0800
Cc: Clem Taylor <clem.taylor@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Yes, rom emulators still serve a useful purpose, especially when a brand new
board/cpu or ejtag firmware can't communicate to each other properly.  Wait for
that to get fixed (no), walk to the flash programmer for every new image
(tedious), or plug in the rom emulator (30 seconds to change the image).

--Brad