MIPS still uses sleep_on*()

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: MIPS still uses sleep_on*()
From: Nishanth Aravamudan <nacc@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:47:01 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, kernel-janitors@lists.osdl.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am trying to clean up the remaning sleep_on*() calls in the kernel. These
functions have been deprecated for a *long* time, just never completely removed
:)

The only file I'm not comfortable with changing myself (since I am not a MIPS
user/expert) is arch/mips/kernel/process.c. This file references sleep_on(),
sleep_on_timeout(), interruptible_sleep_on() and
interruptible_sleep_on_timeout().

This file is (presuming my upcoming patches for sleep_on() go through
Kernel-Janitors ok) the final one before we can declare the kernel clean of
sleep_on() callers -- the other members of the family will take longer.

Any insight anyone could provide would be great, so that this milestone (for me,
at least) can be achieved.

Thanks,
Nish