Re: CONFIG_PM depends on CONFIG_MACH_AU1X00?

To: Clem Taylor <clem.taylor@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CONFIG_PM depends on CONFIG_MACH_AU1X00?
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:07:21 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

On Jan 21, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Clem Taylor wrote:

I was looking at the TOY (time of year stuff) in
arch/mips/au1000/common/time.c and noticed that it depends on
CONFIG_PM,

Well .... not exactly :-)

When you use the power management of the Au1xxx to enter
lower power modes, the CP0 counter stops as well.  We use the TOY
clock to keep track of system time and kernel timer interrupts
if this configuration option is selected.

The kernel timer code assumes it has access to the TOY when
CONFIG_PM is enabled.  If you intend to use TOY for something
else, make sure you don't cause trouble for the kernel timer functions.

Thanks.

        -- Dan