dcache issue...

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: dcache issue...
From: moreau francis <francis_moreau2000@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:15:43 +0100 (CET)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hi all,

I almost done to run linux in kseg2. But I noticed a
bug
related to the cache that I can't explain. Maybe
you'll
have an idea...

I configured kseg2 to map kernel space, and to be
"uncached". So when accessing kernel space, virtual
addr > 0xc0000000, I don't use both icache and dcache.
When kernel maps a user page in user space, it uses
data cache. In this scenario, some kernel data are
corrupted. But when I map kernel space and activate
caches to access it, it seems to work.

Thanks in advance.

Francis.