Re: QUESTION YAMON's uart3 of au1100

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Subject: Re: QUESTION YAMON's uart3 of au1100
From: Nyauyama <ichinoh@mb.neweb.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:35:16 +0900
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Pete Popov wrote:

Nyauyama wrote:
Hello!

I have a question about initialization of YAMON's uart3 of au1100.
BFC00000(BOOTLOC) is read by processing delay3.
Why BFC00000?

Looks like just an arbitrary ad-hoc delay routine (delay3) that
reads from uncached space and throws away the value (just a delay).

What's the problem you're having?

 Pete

The problem occurs by UART3 after using uboot and starting Linux kernel.
Linux kernel has initialized UART3.
When the noise is received when uboot processes it,
anything cannot be received from uart3.
When having seen referring to the initialization of YAMON,
I have not understood the reason to read BFC00000.

Thank you for the reply.

Nyauyama