compressed kernel image for mips

To: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: compressed kernel image for mips
From: Mudeem Iqbal <mudeem@Quartics.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:47:00 +0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi
I am cross compiling kernel 2.6.9 (downloaded from linux-mips.org). If I run

#make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-

The compilation is successful however running

#make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux- zImage

return "no rule to make target 'zImage'

same is the case from bzImage. Now when I googled this problem I found
https://www.redhat.com/archives/axp-list/2000-October/msg00184.html
which basically says that "Both the zImage and bzImage targets are
x86-specific, while the boot target is available for all archs". but
"make boot" is also not available. So the question is how can i generate a
compressed kernel image for mips?

I have built my own toolchain using

binutils-2.15.94.0.2
gcc-3.4.3