Re: defconfig for dbAu1550 (Cabarnet) and problems booting kernel

To: Prashant Viswanathan <>, "''" <>
Subject: Re: defconfig for dbAu1550 (Cabarnet) and problems booting kernel
From: Peter Popov <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:32:51 -0800 (PST)
> I am trying to get Linux up and running on the
> DbAu1550 (Cabarnet) using the
> latest code from  I was wondering if
> somebody would have a default config file
> for building the kernel.

The DbAu1550 should just work with the default config
that's in arch/mips/defconfigs. There have been a
number of patches that went into the tree since I was
built a kernel for that board, but assuming the
patches did not break anything, the kernel should

> Also, when I try to boot the kernel from Yamon, I
> don't see anything
> happening. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
> YAMON> go . console=ttyS0,115200
> << nothing happens after this >>

If you are using the arch/mips/de
--- Prashant Viswanathan <>

> Hi All,
fconfigs/ 1550 config file, it will expect to mount an
nfs root fs. The proper way to boot it is:
go . ip=any root=/dev/nfs

However, the fact that you don't see anything on the
console is really suspicious. I'll pull the latest
bits tonight and see if something broke.